Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Gone to the dogs

Hello Babble fans….a little surprise guest today, Maggie! As my writing buddy, Mag’s contributions often get overlooked, so I thought a little tribute was in order. We’re going to do this canine Barbara Walters style.

Me: Welcome to Babble, Maggie, so glad you could take time from your busy schedule to be with us today.

Maggie: You promised me a bone.

Me: Why don’t you tell the readers a little bit about yourself?

Maggie: I’m a Labrador; I hoard socks and sticks. Where’s the bone?

Me: Do you have a favorite book?

Maggie: Bobby Flay’s Grill It! There’s meat on the cover.

Me: How do you feel you inspire my work?

Maggie: When you run out of wine I let you rub my belly. How much longer is this going to take? I need to chase my tail.

Me: Do you prefer fiction or nonfiction?

Maggie: I prefer BONES! What do I have to do, beg? You know I will.

Me: Do you have any career goals?

Maggie: I’m starting my Hospice training, but the nice trainer-lady with the treats thinks I may still be too young and exuberant. What does that mean? Does it mean I get treats?

Me: Any final thoughts for the nice people?

Maggie: Yeah, dogs rock! Adopt if you can, we’ll love you forever! Oh, one more thing, Mom is not nuts, she’s on deadline and its Weight Watchers weigh in day – makes her loopy.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious, my Shih Tzu, thinks it's time for her own interview. Before you know it, Princess, the cat will demand equal time. Do you know what you've started??

Kathryn Elliott said...

It is a slippery slope, Jane. LOL

Kim Terry said...

Uh-oh, soon as Russet hears about this, she'll have to put in her two-bones worth.

Linda Swainson said...

Maggie is a bone-a-fido star! It appears she has something to say to you ...

Kathryn Elliott said...

Kim - I love the name Russet! So cute! And Linda, we knew Maggie would be a Diva the first moment we met her!

Bethany Crandell said...

AW...my heart is singing. As a lab mama I know how important those furry muses can be. Mine is currently staring at me from his pillow, wondering when I will move. When I stand up (flinch, breathe) he assumes he's getting a treat.

He's not the smartest dog, but he is pretty.

BBC said...

I love that she defended your intelligence on that last question :) Although I'm obviously a cat person, I have an Australian shepherd who is getting on in years and I'm not quite sure how I'll handle it when she's gone. She's my first dog that was "mine." Not mom and dad's or a household pet - I answered the ad, I bought her, I raised her in my house. Love her!